IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors - In company
Enquire now for pricing information.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
This new and improved course combines content from each of the previous courses and allows senior staff to be trained consitantly no matter the size of their organisation. All face to face courses will now be delivered to this new syllabus.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors is a one day health and safety training course that International Workplace provide designed for those who have overall operational or strategic accountability for an organisation, responsibility for determining and implementing effective safety and health management and monitoring its success. An example of which would be people employed in a Director’s role; owners of small- to medium sized enterprises or Executive/non-Executive Directors of larger organisations with governance structures.
The Health and Safety Executive fully appreciates the role that good safety leadership has on an organisation’s safety performance. “Good safety is good business” is its ethos and this is reflected in the HSE guidance aimed at board members, directors and other senior managers in all organisations. This message needs to bedriven down through the organisation, so that at all levels, the importance of safety culture and personal accountability is clearly understood. Upon successful completion, delegates will be awarded an IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors Certificate.
1. Basic principles of health and safety
- Health and safety defined
- Moral, financial and legal drivers
- Defining your ‘safety culture
2. The legal framework – a general overview
- Civil law – claims for compensation
- Criminal law
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Corporate manslaughter
3. Enforcement and what could happen
- Incident investigation – video exercise
- Corporate v individual liabilities
- Avoiding corporate manslaughter
- Role of the Enforcement Authority
- HSE's expectations for risk management
4. Managing health and safety in your organisation
- Best practice models - integrating H&S into the business
- The Plan/Do/ Check/Act model - putting it into practice
- Risk profiling & risk assessment
- Roles & responsibilities – who should be doing what?
- How well are you doing?
- Measuring performance – ‘good’ v ‘bad’ indicators
- Taking action to address shortcomings
5. Course summary & end assessment
- Open forum
Having attended the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the health and safety roles and responsibilities of Senior Executives.
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives.
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision making and effective supply chain management.
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively.
- Understand the principles of health and safety management, the importance safety culture and continual improvement and the role of regular reviews of health and safety performance within the organisation.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive training pack and a copy of the HSE’s ‘Leading Safely’ document. Delegates will be expected to complete an IOSH approved assessment at the end of the course and those who achieve a mark of 65% or higher, will be awarded an IOSH Safety for Executives & Directors Certificate.
If you would like to attend a public classroom course then you can also attain the IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors Certificate by attending our IOSH Corporate Health and Safety Breifing.
Controlling hazardous substances (COSHH)
This course explores the hazards, risks and safety measures associated with various liquids, powders and gases that are used in a range of working environments.
£15.00 + VAT
NEBOSH NGC1 Management of Health and Safety Module
This NEBOSH module forms the foundation of the NEBOSH Fire, NEBOSH Construction and NEBOSH National General Certificate