Recruitment and selection training
Provides the expertise to deliver legal and effective recruitment campaigns, including shortlisting, selection and interviewing.
Enquire now for pricing information.
Getting recruitment wrong can be costly both in terms of time, expenditure and impact to the business. Not only is there scope for discrimination claims and subsequent costs, but selecting the wrong person for the job could mean that the job is not carried out as it is meant to, individuals struggle to meet the required standards of performance, and subsequently leads to high staff turnover and having to start the recruitment process again.
High staff turnover then becomes an issue as the recruitment process commences again, which incurs substantial costs, plus a certain amount of time is then required to train / educate new hires so they become fully operational in a time-efficient manner.
Standard course programme:
- The importance of exit interviews.
- What is a job description and how should it be used.
- What is a person specification and how should it be used.
- Different advertising methods.
- Understanding employment legislation so that you recruit lawfully.
- Effective and legal shortlisting.
- Planning the interview.
- Interview techniques, including competency-based interviews.
- Practical exercise.
Accredited course option
If you are looking for an accredited HR course then our CIPD courses are the perfect choice.
This one day HR training course focuses on giving managers and supervisors responsible for recruitment the expertise to deliver legal and effective recruitment campaigns, including shortlisting, selection and interviewing. By the end of the course, they will have a full understanding of the recruitment cycle and be able to recruit effectively and legally so that the risks of getting a recruitment campaign wrong are significantly reduced.
Benefits to your organisation
- This course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to deliver effective recruitment campaigns.
- Selecting the wrong candidates will have a detrimental effect on productivity and your company’s objectives and will ultimately lead to high staff turnover.
- High staff turnover will result in increased recruitment costs and time and money wasted through training new starters.
- As well as improving your productivity and reducing costs, getting recruitment right and making sure you do not discriminate will help prevent potential claims and the subsequent costs involved.
Facilities management legal update
Essential for all premises and facilities managers who need to get to grips with the latest changes in the law and regulation of the workplace.
£399.00 + VAT
IEMA Managing with Environmental Sustainability - In Company
Provides a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability as it affects their specific industry and work area.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors - eLearning
This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the organisation, so that at all levels, the importance is clearly understood.
£249.00 + VAT
NEBOSH National General Certificate - Online
An essential qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety
£499.00 + VAT
Stress and workplace wellbeing
Online course covering causes and effects of work-related stress and the UK Health and Safety Executive stress management standards