Selection and Control of Contractors
This course will allow you to make the right decision when you are looking for and working with contractors.
Enquire now for pricing information.
Contractors are employed as third parties to carry out work on behalf of the client. However, in any client / contractor relationship, both parties will have duties under health and safety law. Similarly, if the contractor employs sub-contractors to carry out some or all of the work, all parties will share some health and safety responsibilities, which makes the issue of managing health and safety a difficult one.
- The scope of contract work.
- Legal issues relating to contract work.
- Assessing the risks of contract work, pre- and post-tender.
- Proper selection of contractors.
- Considerations before commencement of the work.
- Control and responsibilities during the contract work.
- Monitoring the contract performance.
- Learning from the results of monitoring.
An International Workplace course covering the key requirements of the UK’s Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and the ILO’s Fire safety action checklist
£15.00 + VAT
IOSH Managing Safely - eLearning
This IOSH accredited eLearning course ensures managers and supervisors are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
£249.00 + VAT
IOSH Managing Safely - Public Classroom
This IOSH accredited course ensures managers and supervisors are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
£599.00 + VAT
Practical guidance on lifting and carrying in the workplace, covering the requirements of the UK’s Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992