Work at height
£15.00 + VAT
Guidance for all workers, covering the requirements of the UK’s Work at Height Regulations 2005 and EU Use of Work Equipment Directive 2009.
This online course explores the hazards and risks of working at height, identifies control measures that can be taken to minimise these risks and encourage safety, and what issues the various work at height control measures may have.
Work at Height is a 30 to 40 minute introductory level eLearning course designed to introduce people to the hazards associated with everyday work at height tasks and the best practice control measures that should be considered to aid safe working and avoid injury to themselves, or others.>
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: c46ad68f-4ffd-4723-bb15-38378b8569d6
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- the various workplace locations that involve working at height
- The hazards and risks involved in work at height
- The steps that can be taken to avoid work at height
- How to prevent falls, and minimise the distance and consequences of a fall
- Safe work at height techniques and control measures
- Instant access, 30-40 mins study time.
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy.
- Gain a certificate on successful completion of the course.
Businesses can save money with discounted rates for multiple learners, or buy access to this course as part of a subscription to the Health and safety induction series.
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
This course is designed for people with who have no previous knowledge of the potential hazards and risks when performing working at height tasks.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will receive an International Workplace certificate
This course has no entry requirements
Unit 1: Course introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: What is work at height?
- Defining ‘work at height’
- Identifying common tasks involving working at height
- Identifying the common causes of injury
Unit 3: Identifying the hazards of working at height
- What are the associated hazards?
- What are the associated risks?
- Avoiding, preventing and minimising risks
- Identifying inappropriate equipment that may increase risk
Unit 4: Identifying appropriate equipment for everyday tasks
- Identifying ways to avoid working at height
- What equipment is appropriate for everyday tasks?
- Identifying best practice considerations when using height-gaining equipment
- Identifying appropriate levels of training
- Checking equipment before use
- Positioning yourself - using best practice
- Considerations for ladders, stepladders and kick stools
- Recognising when additional assessments are required
Unit 5: Course assessment
- Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
- SCORM conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads
Data protection in the workplace (GDPR conformant)
Importance of collecting, using and saving personal and sensitive data appropriately to protect individuals’ rights and uphold an organisation’s reputation.
£25.00 + VAT
Introduction to health and safety
Online training in the essential issues related to health and safety at work and the key areas when considering potential hazards
£15.00 + VAT
IOSH Working Safely - eLearning
This IOSH accredited eLearning course offers health and safety basics - designed for people at any level in any sector.