Introduction to environmental management
This is a practical 6-hour instructor led classroom course delivered in your workplace to meet your requirements. It is designed to introduce environmental issues and their relevance to business activities.
Outline and content
- Key environmental issues and their relevance to business.
- Impacts of pollution and the role of environmental legislation.
- Managing environmental risk within an organisation.
By the end of this session delegates will have an understanding of:
- How businesses interact with the environment
- The importance of resource efficiency
- The risks associated with climate change and its effect on business
- The types of pollutants generated by business
- The scope of environmental legislation and the role of regulators
- The risks associated with pollution and non-compliance with legislation
- Ways to improve resource efficiency
- The application of waste hierarchy
- The benefits of environmental management systems
Up to 12 people.
No formal assessment.
International Workplace certificate of attendance.