Introduction to facilities management
This one-day Introduction to Facilities Management is tailored for new operational FMs, or those with property management responsibilities, to provide a practical and useful overview of the FM industry, looking at all aspects of the role, from the coal face to management.
This course is an ideal primer covering all of the basics in just one day and is ideal for FM service providers and client teams, in the UK and internationally.
The course defines the essence of Facilities Management, its place within an organisation, and how it can assist and improve the core functions of a business.
Outline and content
- The scope of FM services.
- The roles and responsibilities of an FM.
- The different FM service delivery models.
- The skills required to do the job well.
- Understand the nature of facilities management.
- Explore the range of facilities management roles.
- Understand the common responsibilities of facilities management.
- Analyse the different service delivery models for facilities management.
- Appreciate the importance of good communication in the role.
- Understand how FM impacts all other functions of the organisation.
Up to 12 people.
No formal assessment.
International Workplace certificate of attendance.