The course provides comprehensive coverage of a complex, frequently changing and costly issue for all organisations. It is a practical and interactive one-day training course focusing on reducing waste, ensuring compliance and the business benefits from effective management. The course will cover broader waste management issues including the business case for waste management, resource efficiency techniques and tips to identify where cost savings can be made.
The course provides a practical and interactive focus on waste legislation, demonstrating hands-on compliance and action plans to help you manage waste efficiently. Recent case law examples will be examined to highlight typical non-compliant management and operational practices.
Outline and content
- Looking at waste – importance of prevention
- Waste management options
- Waste and environmental impacts
- Waste trends in the UK
- Waste law and policy
- Duty of care
- Hazardous waste
- Producer responsibility
- Compliance management
- Managing compliance
- Role of the regulators
- Practical strategies
- Collecting and managing waste data
- Managing waste – practical strategies to prevent and reduce waste
- On the horizon – what the future holds
By the end of this session delegates will be able to:
- Define which regulations apply to their organisation and to what extent.
- Understand their compliance requirements.
- Implement waste management controls and demonstrate compliance.
- Develop waste management controls and demonstrate compliance.
- Develop waste minimisation programmes and achieve cost savings.
Up to 12 people.
No formal assessment.
International Workplace certificate of attendance.