IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing
About IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing
An excellent cost-effective course for supervisors and people managers, exploring the many benefits a well thought through and well planned health and wellbeing programme can bring to the workplace.
Sickness absence continues to place a financial strain on businesses and their workforce and, according to a recent IOSH report, is said to cost the UK economy more than £8 billion per year.
A company investing in their employees health and wellbeing can expect to see increased productivity and employee retention, and overall a happier and healthier workplace.
This content packed one day course gives supervisors and managers the tools they need to implement an effective health and wellbeing programme and measure their efforts in the workplace.
Study IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing
We provide three different delivery options for our IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course - eLearning, virtual classroom and face-to-face classroom.
For all delivery options you will have access to our course administrators, tutors and technical support teams for the duration of your course, as well as access to FAQs and the opportunity to interact with fellow learners via our learning community.
Our IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing eLearning course is the perfect choice for those who need more flexibility and less time out of the office as you can study when you like, where you like and at a speed that suits you.
Our interactive eLearning platform is an engaging way to learn. It will guide you through the syllabus and you will have access to a variety of eLearning materials, including videos, case studies and exercises.
Our interactive digital workbook builds as you progress through the course, allowing you to capture key points and any notes you've made along the way. At the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive, customised revision guide to help you prepare for the end of course assessment.
Our IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing virtual classroom course consists of a combination of live online tutorials led by one of our qualified IOSH trainers, supported by our digital learning platform.
The live online tutorial sessions will be delivered over Microsoft Teams, where one of our trainers will guide you through the course modules. Following this you will undertake our eLearning modules online.
Our IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing face-to-face classroom course is delivered in-house at a location of your choice.
The IOSH training will take place over one day, where one of our IOSH trainers will guide your learners through the modules leading to the end of course assessment which takes place at the end of the day, followed by a project that will need to be completed and submitted by each learner.
The IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course is broken down into four modules that cover the following:
Module one – A Healthy Company
Understand how to manage the health and wellbeing of workers and have more effective discussions regarding their health needs.
Module two – Health Risk Management
Explore what health management is and why it makes good business sense to manage occupational health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Module three – Fitness for Work
Understand non-related physical and mental health conditions and how this impacts employees’ fitness for work.
Module four – Wellbeing
How wellbeing adds value to the organisation and how to promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental health to enable a healthy workplace culture.
By the end of the IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course:
- Learners will have increased awareness of employee health and wellbeing, which will lead to fewer business hours lost to ill health and absenteeism and increased productivity.
- Your businesses commitment in the area of employee health and wellbeing will have a positive effect on employee motivation.
- Learners will leave with a greater understanding of employee health risks and how to manage them
- Be able to assess fitness for work.
- Be confident in measuring your health and wellbeing efforts and the effect of performance on business.
- Manage health risks effectively.
- Understand your own responsibilities for health and wellbeing and why it makes good business sense.
- Manage fluctuations in people's health status and assess their fitness for work.
- Measure your own performance as a manager.
- Learn how to help co-workers return to work after illness.
- Discover how to recognise a 'well' employee.
- Reflect on good practice, both personally and organisation-wide.
- Practical advice and tools for your managers to create a healthy, productive workplace.
- Improve health and wellbeing awareness across the organisation.
- Fewer hours lost due to ill health and reduced presenteeism, resulting in greater productivity.
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain, with customers and other stakeholders.
Our IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing eLearning course has a recommended study time of six hours.
Our IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing virtual classroom course is a one-day online training course. This course is a blend of live tutorials led by one of our qualified IOSH trainers over Microsoft Teams, supported by our digital learning platform.
We recommend a maximum of 14 people per virtual classroom course.
Our IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing face-to-face classroom course is a one-day training course, led by one of our highly qualified IOSH trainers at a location of your choice.
We recommend a maximum of 14 people per face-to-face classroom course.
Once learners have studied all the modules, they will then be assessed in two ways:
- A multiple choice assessment.
- A health risk assessment project.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will be issued with an IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing Certificate.