NEBOSH National General Certificate
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (NGC) training course is well recognised by employers in all sectors and provides a sound benchmark. This NEBOSH accredited course provides a broad understanding of health and safety issues and is a well respected and essential qualification for anyone with health and safety responsibilities.
This course is designed to be suitable for managers, supervisors and workers in any type of organisation, who are wanting to develop a broad understanding of health and safety issues and to be able to manage day-to-day risks effectively.
Many people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional study.
Outline and content
Our NEBOSH National General Certificate training is delivered via virtual classroom. Where the learner will receive a combination of live tutorial and interactive group exercises, all delivered by one of our experienced health and safety trainers.
During the NEBOSH National General Certificate course, you will cover the following modules:
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes.
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
- Physical and psychological health.
- Musculoskeletal health.
- Chemical and biological agents.
- Work equipment.
- General workplace issues.
By the end of the NEBOSH National General Certificate course learners will be able to:
- Achieve compliance with UK health and safety law.
- Cut the health and safety risks that apply in your workplace.
- Understand the principles involved in managing safety and assessing potential hazards.
- Save your company money by cutting the costs of expensive consultants and avoiding costly remedial action.
- Protect your organisation’s reputation as a professional business.
There are no entry requirements for this NEBOSH course, but it is recommended that learners have a suitable standard of English language.
The duration of our NEBOSH National General Certificate training course is 10 days (a minimum of 80 hours tuition plus 53 hours private study, homework using past papers and background reading).
There is a recommendation of a maximum of 12 people per course.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate will include two assessments:
- Unit NG1 is an open book examination (OBE), this is scenario based and will include a closing interview. Learners will have 24 hours to complete the examination.
- Unit NG2 is a practical assessment, where learners will need to complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace. Learners will need to upload the project within ten working days of completing the NG1 assessment.
On successful completion of the courses assessments, learners will be issued with an accredited NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.