IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
About IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
Our IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course is designed to provide continued support to individuals who are responsible for managing health and safety in the workplace.
This IOSH course will revisit the key parts of the IOSH Managing Safely course by relating them to the Plan-Do-Check-Act model and health and safety management systems with leadership being a fundamental aspect. Additionally it will update learners on relevant changes to good practice, guidance, legislation and standards.
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course is suitable for anyone who has previously gained the IOSH Managing Safely qualification, and wants to refresh their health and safety knowledge. This IOSH training course can be taken anytime after completing IOSH Managing Safely, ensuring the learner's IOSH accreditation remains up to date and valid.
Study IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
Course delivery options
We provide three different delivery options for our IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course - eLearning, virtual classroom and face-to-face classroom.
For all delivery options you will have access to our course administrators, tutors and technical support teams for the duration of your course, as well as access to FAQs and the opportunity to interact with fellow learners via our learning community.
Our IOSH Managing Safely Refresher eLearning course is the perfect choice for those who need more flexibility and less time out of the office as you can study when you like, where you like and at the speed that suits you.
Our interactive eLearning platform is an engaging way to learn. It will guide you through the syllabus and you will have access to a variety of eLearning materials, including videos, case studies and exercises, with an optional voice over feature if required.
Our interactive digital workbook builds as you progress through the course, allowing you to capture key points and any notes you've made along the way. At the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive, customised revision guide to help you prepare for the end of course assessment.
Our IOSH Managing Safely Refresher virtual classroom course consists of a combination of live online tutorials led by one of our qualified IOSH trainers, supported by our digital learning platform.
The live online tutorial sessions will be delivered over Microsoft Teams, where one of our trainers will guide you through the six course modules. Following this you will undertake our eLearning modules online.
Our IOSH Managing Safely Refresher face-to-face classroom course is delivered in-house at a location of your choice.
The IOSH training will take place over one day, where one of our IOSH trainers will guide your learners through the six modules leading to the end of course assessment, which takes place at the end of the day.
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher is broken down into six modules that cover the following:
Module one – Thinking Back
The first module will help you ‘think back’ to the core definitions and concepts you learned in the IOSH Managing Safely course.
Module two – Leadership
Reflect upon and identify the leadership skills you need to foster a safety culture, to improve performance and safeguard your company's reputation.
Module three – Plan
Understand what should be included in your safety and health policy and how you will deliver it to the relevant people.
Module four – Do
Understand what to do to implement your plan, taking into consideration your risk profile.
Module five – Check
Ensure you know what steps you can take to evaluate the effectiveness of your safety and health system implementation.
Module six – Act
This module will guide you through the process of acting on the lessons learned from your performance reviews.
In this optional section you will be prompted with questions to reflect upon and apply what you have learned.
By the end of the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course learners will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage safety and health in the workplace.
- Recall key safety and health terms and their definitions.
- Describe the benefits and key parts of an effective safety and health management system.
- Identify how the law can affect safety and health in the workplace.
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace.
- Describe the principles that underpin good safety and health performance.
- Allows learners to refresh their knowledge of health and safety responsibilities in the workplace.
- Builds on existing capabilities to continually develop a safety awareness culture.
- Puts managing safely into action.
- Applies refreshed knowledge to the Plan-Do-Check-Act model and links back to the workplace.
- Allows for personal reflection on good practice.
- Learners will receive a formal certification issued by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Internationally recognised training for your team - as this course is approved by IOSH, the world’s largest professional health and safety membership organisation.
- Reassurance that your employees' health and safety knowledge is refreshed and up to date.
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures.
- Greater productivity through reduction in lost time from sickness and accidents.
- Efficient and effective learning, with the key health and safety basics covered.
- Enhanced reputation within your supply chain.
Our IOSH Managing Safely Refresher eLearning course has a recommended study time of six hours.
Our IOSH Managing Safely Refresher virtual classroom course is a one-day online training course. This course is a blend of live tutorials led by one of our qualified IOSH trainers over Microsoft Teams, supported by our digital learning platform.
We recommend a maximum of 14 people per virtual classroom course.
Our IOSH Managing Safely Refresher face-to-face classroom course is a one-day training course, led by one of our highly qualified IOSH trainers at a location of your choice.
We recommend a maximum of 14 people per face-to-face classroom course.
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher courseis assessed by a multiple choice assessmemt that takes place at the end of the course.
There is no practical assessment for the refresher course.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will be issued with an IOSH Managing Safely Refresher Certificate.