IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
About IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors is a one-day health and safety training course delivered by International Workplace. This course is suitable for executives, directors and senior management who have overall operational or strategic responsibility for their company.
This IOSH course is designed to provide individuals with a complete understanding of health and safety responsibilities and the moral, legal and financial benefits of proactive safety, health and risk assessment. This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the company, so that at all levels the importance of health and safety is clearly understood.IOSH-certified course for managers with strategic responsibility for establishing a safe and healthy working culture in organisations of any size.
Study IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
We provide three different delivery options for our IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors course - eLearning, virtual classroom and face-to-face classroom.
For all delivery options you will have access to our course administrators, tutors and technical support teams for the duration of your course, as well as access to FAQs and the opportunity to interact with fellow learners via our learning community.
Our IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors eLearning course is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to fit their study around their busy schedule. Our eLearning platform is an engaging way to learn, as you will have access to a variety of eLearning materials, including videos, case studies and exercises.
Our interactive digital workbook builds as you progress through the course, allowing you to capture key points and any notes you've made along the way. At the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive, customised revision guide to help you prepare for the end of course assessment. The course assessment consists of three actionable commitments intended to improve your own performance and the health and safety of your organisation.
Our IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors virtual classroom course consists of a combination of live online tutorials led by one of our qualified IOSH trainers, supported by our digital learning platform.
The live online tutorial sessions will be delivered over Microsoft Teams, where one of our trainers will guide you through the course modules. Following this you will undertake our eLearning modules online.
Our IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors face-to-face classroom course is delivered in-house at a location of your choice.
The IOSH training will take place over one day, where one of our IOSH trainers will guide your learners through the modules leading to the end of course assessment, which takes place at the end of the day.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors is broken down into six modules that cover the following:
Module one: The Moral, Legal and Financial Case
This module looks at the main aspects that senior managers need to be aware of, in regard to health and safety.
Module two: Plan
Module two focuses on the PLAN phase of the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle.
Module three: Do
Module three focuses on the DO stage of the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, to implement the health and safety system.
Module four: Check
Module four focuses on the CHECK phase of the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, monitoring health and safety performance.
Module five: Act – improving health and safety performance
The fifth module of this course focuses on the ACT stage of the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, improving health and safety performance.
Module six: A final review
This module asks you to reflect on how confident you feel about certain areas of your duties under health and safety now you have finished the taught element of this course.
By the end of the IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors course learners will be able to:
- Understand the health and safety roles and responsibilities of senior executives and directors.
- Appreciate that health and safety should be management for the top layers of management.
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives.
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision making and effective supply chain management.
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively.
- Understand the principles of health and safety management, the importance safety culture and continual improvement and the role of regular reviews of health and safety performance within the organisation.
- Understand your responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace.
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives into business objectives and strategies.
- Understand the moral, legal and financial arguments for risk management.
- Confidently devise a risk management strategy.
- Enables benchmarking of your performance against others and to identify good practice from around the world.
- Lead by example, as it shapes your health and safety vision and helps identify steps to achieve it.
- Improves your individual skill set to help become a more effective leader.
- Confidence in knowing that senior management and employees with strategic responsibility have a comprehensive understanding of how to manage safely.
- Ensure health and safety is considered in strategic planning and decision making.
- Your senior management will drive health and safety through all levels of the company, helping to create a good health and safety working culture.
- Reduce accident rates, absence and sick leave.
- Enhance brand reputation with a higher standard of health and safety.
Our IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors eLearning course has a recommended study time of six hours.
Our IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors virtual classroom course is a one-day online training course. This course is a blend of live tutorials led by one of our qualified IOSH trainers over Microsoft Teams, supported by our digital learning platform.
We recommend a maximum of 14 people per virtual classroom course.
Our IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors face-to-face classroom course is a one-day training course, led by one of our highly qualified IOSH trainers at a location of your choice.
We recommend a maximum of 14 people per face-to-face classroom course.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors is assessed by an end of course statement of personal commitment that is filled in once all the modules have been completed. Learners are asked to choose three actionable commitments intended to improve their own performance and the health and safety of their organisation.
Upon successful completion of the IOSH course, learners will be issued with an official IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors Certificate.