IOSH Working Safely
About IOSH Working Safely
IOSH Working safely is a one-day health and safety training course that International Workplace provide for people at any level, in any sector, and is ideal as an introduction to why health and safety is important.
IOSH Working Safely is an introductory health and safety training course, providing the health and safety basics for employees. It is specifically designed for those employees who are exposed to common workplace hazards on a day-to-day basis and who need a basic grounding in the essentials of health and safety. It is especially useful when something more than a very short health and safety induction is required.
Study IOSH Working Safely
Course delivery options
We provide three different delivery options for our IOSH Working Safely course - eLearning, virtual classroom and face-to-face classroom.
For all delivery options you will have access to our course administrators, tutors and technical support teams for the duration of your course, as well as access to FAQs and the opportunity to interact with fellow learners via our learning community.
Our IOSH Working Safely eLearning course is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to fit their study around their busy schedule. Our eLearning platform is an engaging way to learn, as you will have access to a variety of eLearning materials, including videos, case studies and exercises.
Our interactive digital workbook builds as you progress through the course, allowing you to capture key points and any notes you've made along the way. At the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive, customised revision guide to help you prepare for the end of course assessment.
Our IOSH Working Safely virtual classroom course consists of a combination of a live online tutorials led by one of our qualified IOSH trainers, supported by our digital learning platform.
The live online tutorial sessions will be delivered over Microsoft Teams, where one of our trainers will guide you through the course modules. Following this you will undertake our eLearning modules online.
Our IOSH Working Safely face-to-face classroom course is delivered in-house at a location of your choice.
The IOSH training will take place over one day, where one of our IOSH trainers will guide your learners through the modules leading to the end of course assessment, which takes place at the end of the day.
IOSH Working Safely is broken down into four modules that cover the following:
Module one – Introducing Working Safely
The first module provides you with an introduction to the IOSH course and considers why working safely is important.
Module two – Defining Hazard and Risk
Look at workplace hazards and risks, how to identify them, their impact and how to control them.
Module three – Identifying Common Hazards
Explore the main hazards found in typical workplaces, grouped by places, things and people.
Module four – Improving Safety Performance
Discover more information about health and safety responsibilities to improve safety performance in the workplace.
By the end of this IOSH Working Safely course learners will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage safety and health in the workplace.
- Define the key terms relating to safety and health
- Identify how the law can have an impact on safety and health in the workplace.
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, their impact and how to manage them.
- Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident.
- List the benefits and characteristics of an effective health and safety management system.
- Describe the principles that underpin good safety and health performance.
- Develops your understanding of the essentials of health and safety in the workplace.
- Improves your knowledge of safety performance in the working environment.
- You will be awarded an official IOSH Working Safely certificate accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Provides health and safety awareness throughout the company, creating a culture that is aware of risks and hazards.
- Improves productivity across the company as fewer hours are lost to sickness and accidents
- Minimal disruption, as the IOSH training course is delivered and assessed in just one day.
- Efficient and effective learning, with the key health and safety basics covered in this IOSH Working Safely training course.
Our IOSH Working Safely eLearning course has a recommended study time of 6 hours.
Our IOSH Working Safely virtual classroom course is a one-day online training course. This course is a blend of live tutorials led by one of our qualified IOSH trainers over Microsoft Teams, supported by our digital learning platform.
We recommend a maximum of 14 people per virtual classroom course.
Our IOSH Working Safely face-to-face classroom course is a one-day training course, led by one of our highly qualified IOSH trainers at a location of your choice.
We recommend a maximum of 14 people per face-to-face classroom course.
IOSH Working Safely is assessed by an end of course assessment that takes place once all the modules have been completed.
There is no practical assessment for this IOSH course.
Upon successful completion of the IOSH course, learners will be issued with an official IOSH Working Safely Certificate.